Apricot Lane Farms
10700 Broadway Road,
Moorpark, CA, 93021
Saturday - Downtown
Sunday - Main St
County of Production: Ventura
Acres of Farmland Cultivated: 161
Farming Since: 2011
Various varieties of apples, stonefruit, artichoke, avocado, herbs, berries, beans, broccoli, cabbage, flowers, carrots, casava root, cauliflower, celery, chard, cherimoya, cucumber, daikon, eggplant, fennel, fig, garlic, ginger, citrus, grapes, jicama, kale, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, nuts, okra, olives, onion, passion fruit, peas, peppers, persimmon, guava, pomegranate, potato, radish, rhubarb, spinach, squash, sunchoke, tomatillo, tomato, turnip, watermelon
Also, eggs, pig, lamb, chicken, and duck
- To control weeds: hand cultivation, machine cultivation, mulching, grazing
- For pests: crop rotation, hand-removal, organic pesticides, release of beneficials, habitat for beneficials
- To enhance/control size, flavor, ripeness or appearance: I use a 100% natural spray to combat powdery mildew on tomatoes during moist summers
- To increase soil fertility: cover crops, organic fertilizer, soil amendments, compost, aged manure, use of soil mixes, mulching, vermi compost, compost tea, perennial plantings
We strive every day to do the following; and as our knowledge about the environment and food grows, we promise to reevaluate our practices.
- Grow great tasting and nutrient-dense foods.
- Only use farming practices that, over time, reduce outside inputs and focus on the enhancement of the environment, wildlife habitat, and biological regeneration of soil.
- Treat the farm team with respect and care for them as our family, pay them a fair wage and nurture a safe and chemical-free working environment.
- Treat the animals humanely and ensure they live on healthy lush pastures in a stress-free and biologically diverse ecosystem. Care for them in a clean way that never requires the use of antibiotics.
- Allow farming decisions to be made through the lens of biomimicry. As our understanding of our ecosystem evolves, work to implement the new wisdom into our practices.