The Civic Working Group
City Council appointed a nine-member Civic Working Group in October 2013 to advise Council on options for the future of the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium.
The Working Group was comprised of four members who served on the Santa Monica's Arts, Landmarks, Planning, and Recreation and Parks Commissions, and five at-large members with a broad knowledge of Santa Monica and professional expertise in one or more of a variety of relevant disciplines.
Linda J. Bozung
Philip J. Orosco
Carey Wayne Upton
The Civic Working Group holds its regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium East Wing, 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
Select a Year:
What We Do
The Civic Working Group provided input and recommendations for the renovation, programming and long-term operation of the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Specifically, the Working Group is charged with meeting the following objectives:
- Draft a vision for the future cultural and community use of the Civic as the hub of a cultural campus
- Explore an appropriate mix of compatible adjacent uses, from open space to additional facilities as identified in the Urban Land Institute report
- Evaluate potential financing options and programming and operating models for the Civic
- Convene a community process to gather input and to build consensus regarding the future of the Civic
- Provide Council with recommendations regarding the vision, feasible renovation options and the preferred long-term operating model for the Civic
City of Santa Monica Cultural Affairs Division