VIRTUAL PERMIT ISSUANCE INSTRUCTIONS - schedule an appointment
Virtual permit issuance services are available by appointment Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Qualifying projects eligible for appointment scheduling must have completed the plan review process, received all required approvals from City reviewers, and be in a "Ready to Issue" status. Appointments scheduled for projects that do not qualify will be canceled.
- Visit the Virtual Permit Issuance website to schedule an appointment with a Permit Specialist
- Applicant will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the virtual meeting for permit issuance on the scheduled date and time
- Attend the virtual meeting with a Permit Specialist prepared to provide:
- Payment of permit fees online with credit card
- Valid proof of identification
- Proof of property ownership (Grant Deed or Escrow Closing Statement if recently sold)
- Authorization letter to act on behalf of contractor or property owner (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Notice to Property Owner (if owner-builder permit)
- Evidence of valid City of Santa Monica business license (if contractor)
- Proof of current California Contractors License and Contractor's Classification (if contractor)
- Proof of valid Worker's Compensation Insurance (if contractor)
- Demolition permits require the additional documentation at permit issuance. Instructions are provided in the Demolition Permit application packet.
- Asbestos Report and Signed Certification Form
- Rodent and Vermin Certification Form
- AQMD Rule 1403 Form Notification of Demolition or Asbestos Removal
- Utilities Declaratoin
See here for more detailed information of documentation required at time of permit issuance.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT