Residential Building Records
A records request for a report of residential building records may be submitted by using the ePermits system. This report is required prior to the sale of any residential building. [SMMC 9.08]
To submit a records request:
- Register online for the ePermits system
- Follow instructions for Residential Building Report application
- If you are home owner, real estate broker / agent, please type the word "OWNER" when the system asks for your Contractor License number.
- If you are unable to access the ePermits system, you may use the Application for Report of Building Records (pdf).
- You may also Login into the system to research a particular building permit online.
Plan Duplication Request
If you wish to request copies of any of the building plans, soils reports or structural calculations, please submit a completed Plan Duplication Request Form (pdf) at the Public Counter
To all customers viewing or wanting copies of public documents and plans that are stamped by a licensed Engineer and/or Architect please note:
- Documents and plans that are stamped by a licensed Engineer or Architect are protected by copyright laws.
- California Health and Safety Code Section 19851 forbid the making of copies of these plans without first obtaining the written permission from the owner of these plans.
- Please do not trace, copy, photograph or attempt to duplicate any building plans, soils reports or structural calculations in any way.
Building Permit Records Request
Public Records Request Form