PERMIT SERVICES CENTER
1685 Main Street,
South Entrance, access from Olympic Dr.
Santa Monica CA 90401
Effective May 3, 2021. the Permit Services Center is open by appointment only with limited hours and services as detailed below.
Prefer to do business from home? Virtual services are always available during regular business hours. See here for more information.
Permit Services Center (PSC) Hours
In-person services are available as follows:
All PSC Public Counters (except Mobility Division): Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. by appointment
Mobility Division: Monday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. by appointment
Friday through Sunday: Closed
SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT AND CHECK-IN FOR PSC COUNTER SERVICES
- The building permit process is now 100% paperless and requires all permit applications and documents to be uploaded to the City's Electronic Plan Review system. Review the How to Prepare for Your Visit to the Permit Services Center handout for helpful information on steps you can take to make the most out of your visit to the public counter.
- To schedule an appointment visit checkin.smgov.net from the computer or your mobile device and follow the prompts to select a service date and time.
The following check-in measures are in place to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. Please be sure to comply with the following when visiting the Permit Services Center while also wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distancing from others.
- Enter City Hall from the South Entrance, accessed from Olympic Dr.
- Check-in with the Health Ambassador at the lobby reception desk to confirm your appointment and receive a counter ticket with text message notification of your queue position.
- Exit the building and wait outside in front of the building for your ticket number to be called via text message. You will receive a text message alerting you when you are the next customer.
- When ticket number is called, enter the building, check-in with Health Ambassador, and then visit the designated counter for your session.
- Upon completion of your counter session, exit the building to wait for your ticket to be called again (if you have business with another counter staff member); or leave the premises if your City business is completed.
PUBLIC COUNTER HOURS AND SERVICES
The following public counters are available by appointment only during the hours identified above for counter consultation and services identified below.
Building permit applications for projects that fall beyond the Same-Day Review thresholds and cannot be reviewed at the public counter shall be submitted online using the City's Electronic Plan Review system. City reviewers of a project submitted to online plan review may include:
What Permit Application and Plan Review Process Applies to You?
There are a number of different building permit applications and plan review processes associated with obtaining a building permit that depend upon the project type and its scope of work. If you are unsure which building permit application you need, or would like information on the plan review process and City requirements that may apply to your particular project, please visit the Project Types and Processing Requirements page. On this page you can select the project type that best fits your proposal and identify the appropriate building permit application, plan review process, plan submittal requirements, estimated plan review timeline for initial corrections, and special requirements that apply your project and should be taken into consideration as part of your project development and design.
How To Submit Your Building Permit Application
Once you know which plan review process applies to your particular project, the following pages will instruct you on the process and requirements associated with your building permit application submittal.