Inspection Scheduling and History
Building and Safety Inspections
All permitted construction projects require inspections at various stages of development through to project completion. Inspections may be scheduled online or by phone as described below.
- Online Inspection Scheduling System - visit einspections.smgov.net
The building permit number, the property's street number, and the type of inspection needed are required to schedule an inspection online. Additional online services provided include:
- Receive text message and/or phone notification on morning of inspection of estimated time of inspection
- Receive text message and/or phone notification of inspection result
- Review list of completed inspections for a project
- See details of a completed inspection
- Reschedule a 'failed' or 'correction' inspection
View the Schedule by Web handout for more information and instructions on scheduling an online inspection.
- Inspection Scheduling by Phone by calling 310-458-2202 and following voice prompts
To schedule an inspection by phone, you will need the permit number, the property's street number, and the Inspection Code associated with your specific inspection request.
View the Schedule by Phone handout for more information and instruction on scheduling an inspection by telephone.
Cutoff for scheduling a 'next-day' inspection is 1:30 PM. Cancellations must be made by 1:30 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled inspection to avoid incurring a re-inspection fee.
The online and phone systems are on a first come, first served basis and allow inspections to be scheduled for a two-week period. Inspection cancellations must be completed through either system by 1:30 PM the day prior to the scheduled inspection; otherwise a re-inspection fee will be charged to the permit and no future inspections will occur until fee has been paid.