The Civic Working Group
City Council appointed a 9 member Civic Working Group in October 2013 to advise Council on options for the future of the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium.
The Working Group is comprised of 4 members who currently serve, or have served, on the Santa Monica's Arts, Landmarks, Planning, and Recreation and Parks Commissions, and 5 at-large members with broad knowledge of Santa Monica and professional expertise in 1 or more of a variety of relevant disciplines.
Linda J. Bozung
Philip J. Orosco
Carey Wayne Upton
The Civic Working Group holds its regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium East Wing, 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
Select a Year:
What We Do
The Civic Working Group provides input on the development of recommendations for the renovation, programming and long-term operation of the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Specifically, the Working Group is charged with meeting the following objectives:
- Draft a vision for the future cultural and community use of the Civic as the hub of a cultural campus
- Explore an appropriate mix of compatible adjacent uses, from open space to additional facilities as identified in the Urban Land Institute report
- Evaluate potential financing options and programming and operating models for the Civic
- Convene a community process to gather input and to build consensus regarding the future of the Civic
- Provide Council with recommendations regarding the vision, feasible renovation options and the preferred long-term operating model for the Civic
City of Santa Monica Cultural Affairs Division