Urban Forest Task Force
Contact: 310-458-8974 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Do
To help ensure a focused and effective advisory body, during its tenure, the Task Force will advise staff in the following areas related to the urban forest:
- Provide input on proposed tree planting activities in City public improvement projects.
- Provide input on tree planting on School District property.
Street Tree Species Selection
- Provide input on street tree species designation adjacent to designated landmarks and within historic districts in conjunction with the Landmarks Commission.
- Provide input on refinements to the Heritage Tree educational program.
- Advocate and support funding initiatives including grant funding opportunities.
- Evaluate biennial reports and the first seven-year report on achieving the stated environmental performance goals as specified in the Master Plan. At the completion of this first seven-year reporting cycle, the Task Force would advise staff on recommended changes to the Master Plan’s goals and strategies, including the appeals process, tree species designations, the public review process for tree removals, and tree relocations as part of City public improvement projects.
- Provide input on implementation of LUCE including input on zoning ordinance development and development requirements related to public and/or private trees.
Who We Are
The Urban Forest Task Force is comprised of 7 members:
Grace Phillips, Chair
Linda Piera-Avila, Vice Chair