To support and foster a vibrant local economy, the Santa Monica Farmers Markets have a Featured Restaurant of the Week program. The Featured Restaurant of the Week Program is a unique marketing and revenue opportunity for local restaurants. Each quarter qualified restaurants showcase foods from restaurant menus on a rotational basis. Restaurants wishing to participate must hold a current City of Santa Monica business license in the business district of the farmers’ market where they wish to sell.
Rate: $125 per market day
How to Apply
New participants please submit an APPLICATION and the following documentation by the application deadline for the quarter they wish to participate in.
In order to participate, vendors must present the following :
- Board of Equalization Permit (for taxable products).
- Current City of Santa Monica Business License.
- Restaurant Public Health Operating Permit (PHOP)
Fiscal Year 2014-15 Applications deadlines for each quarter are as follows:
||July 1 - September 30
||May 15, 2015
||October 1 - December 31
||August 14, 2015
||January 1 - March 31
||November 13, 2015
||April 1 - June 30
||February 12, 2016
Santa Monica Farmers Market Management will contact you via email withe proposed rotational schedule. Upon acceptance, restaurants shall additionally obtain/provide the following:
- Community Event/Seasonal Event Health Permit issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Health. (Issued after vendor is accepted by Santa Monica Farmers Markets and renewable quarterly)
- Proof of insurance
What equipment is provided for me?
- 3 compartment ware-wash sink
What equipment do I need to bring?
- 2-3 Canopy(ies) with sides
- Prep and serving tables
- Dining tables and chairs (optional)
- Cooking equipment
- 1 health department approved hand washing station (hot water in an container with a downward facing continuous flow spout, single use paper towels, catchment basin, pump soap)
- Sampling set up / sneeze guard (if distributing samples)
What else do I need to know?
Zero Waste requirements
All Santa Monica Farmers Markets comply with the City wide Non-Recyclable Food Service Container Ban and additionally require vendors to use compostable cutlery and straws.
Prior to participation, each Farmers Market participant is required to sign a participation agreement and acknowledging receipt of the Farmers Market Rules and Regulations as well as sign a hold harmless agreement. Once scheduled, restaurants will need to purchase a Community Event / Seasonal Event Permit from the Los Angeles County Health Department (310) 410-3444.
Farmers Market Rules
Please review the Santa Monica Farmers Market Rules.
California Retail Food Code