Volunteers are vital to the operations of the Santa Monica Farmers Markets and are greatly appreciated. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of six months and 36 hours of service. Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks at the Farmers Market Information Booths as well as special projects:
- Set up the information booth table and signs
- Answer customer inquiries
- Run the EBT Machine and distribute scrip for food stamps
- Direct customers in search of specific vendors or products
- Collect and organize paperwork at the end of the market
- Special projects and outreach
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to volunteer at any of the four farmers markets, please complete and return the Volunteer Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 310-391-9996. For more information about volunteering contact us at 310.458.8712 x 5.
- Able to commit to a regular schedule. Shifts are available weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly for 3-4 hours per shift.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Enjoy working outdoors
Last updated: 12/2/2013