Volunteers are vital to the operations of the Santa Monica Farmers Markets and are greatly appreciated. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of six months and 36 hours of service. Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks at the Farmers Market Information Booths as well as special projects:
- Set up the information booth table and signs
- Answer customer inquiries
- Run the EBT Machine and distribute scrip for food stamps
- Direct customers in search of specific vendors or products
- Collect and organize paperwork at the end of the market
- Special projects and outreach
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to volunteer at any of the four farmers markets, please complete and return the Volunteer Application to email@example.com or fax 310-391-9996. For more information about volunteering contact us at 310.458.8712 x 5.
- Able to commit to a regular schedule. Shifts are available weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly for 3-4 hours per shift.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Enjoy working outdoors
Education Volunteer Responsibilities Include:
- Shop for produce at the Wednesday Downtown Farmers Market
- Assist in preparing samples and salads for market field trip classes to K-2nd grade students
- Assist in teaching / independently teaching 20-minute presentations to K-2nd grade students (up to 25 students per class, 3 classes per day)
- Assist in cleaning, breaking down booth, and making suggestions for following week’s class
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying as an education volunteer, please complete and return the Volunteer Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 310-391-9996. For more information about volunteering contact us at 310.458.8712 x 3.
- Minimum 10 hours per month for 6 months or more between February 2016 and July 2017.
- Must be available Wednesdays from 8:00 am - 12 pm and/or Thursdays 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm.
- College age or above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Enthusiasm for Farmers Markets, small farmers and locally grown produce, social media, marketing, education and environmental sustainability