The Santa Monica Farmers Market department is looking for responsible, dedicated, outgoing interns to assist with Farmers Market operations on-site and in our administrative office. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in Farmers Market management, marketing, education, graphic design, and knowledge about small farming, locally grown food and environmental issues. Interns will have the option of choosing a focus (environmental, agricultural, marketing, educational, web design, etc) for their internship and work with Farmers Market staff to develop goals and projects in that area. Each internship includes both time at the markets and in the office.
- Assisting on-site at Farmers Markets
- Interacting with and assisting customers at Farmers Markets
- Assisting in Farmers Market Office
- Working with staff to create and complete internship goals and projects
- Ability to commit for minimum of 3 months
- College age or above
- Friendly and professional manner for working with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely responsible
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Enthusiasm for Farmers Markets, small farmers and locally grown produce
- Spanish speaking a plus
This is an unpaid internship and interns must receive school credit. This internship requires a time commitment of at least ten hours per week for a period of ten weeks or more. Interns must be available to work at a Farmers Market on Wednesday, Saturday and/or Sunday for at least three hours between the hours of 8 am and 2 pm.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for an internship with the Santa Monica Farmers Markets, please complete this application.
Last updated: 5/10/2011