Central Zone Overnight Resident and/or Guest parking permits are issued only to Santa Monica residents who can provide the following forms of documentation at the time of application AND renewal:
- Proof of Santa Monica residency within the area bounded by Seaside Terrace to the north, Pico Boulevard to the south, Ocean Avenue on the east and the Pacific Ocean on the west. For proof of residency, we accept your current utility bill, credit card bill, or bank statement showing your name and residential address (not a P.O. Box).
- Current California Vehicle Registration reflecting your name and residential address.
A new resident with only a lease/rental agreement may purchase one month’s parking only. Proof of residency as listed above must be provided to renew permit(s).
- $15.00 per month
- $75.00 for semi-annual (January to June or July to December)
- $150.00 for annual (January 1 to December 31)
There are NO REFUNDS for lost, unwanted, unused, or partial-period use of permits.
Number of permits allowed:
Maximum of two (2) Central Zone Overnight Guest permits per household. Guest permits may be used in any vehicle, including the Resident’s vehicle. Vehicle registration is not required for Guest permits.
One (1) Central Zone Overnight Resident permit per vehicle registered at your address, maximum of 2 per household. California Vehicle Registration must reflect your current residential address. A Resident permit is only valid for the specific vehicle license plate it is issued to and is not transferrable to any other car.
Placement of Permits:
Central Zone Overnight Resident/Guest permits must be hung from the rearview mirror on the plastic hangtag. You may be cited if your permit is not displayed correctly. Permits displayed from the rearview mirror must be removed when the vehicle is in motion [CVC Section 26708(a)].
Lost permits can be replaced only once, at full price. If your permit is stolen you are entitled to a $3.00 replacement permit only if you provide the police report. Vehicles using lost/stolen permits are subject to citation.
- Central Zone Overnight Resident/Guest permits are valid in the Central Zone lots 2S and 3S located at 1650, 1670, and 1750 Appian Way.
- If lots 2S and 3S are full, Central Zone Overnight permits are accepted in lots 1N (1550 PCH) and 4S (2030 Ocean Ave.)
- Pay by cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover) or check payable to City of Santa Monica. There is a $25.00 charge returned checks.
- If Central Zone Overnight permits are not available, eligible applicants may purchase Overnight Resident/Guest permits to park at other beach lots. All requirements and restrictions still apply.
- Permits are NOT valid in the two-hour short-term parking areas.
- Permits become invalid if permit holder moves outside the boundaries listed above. Individuals who have sold or transferred their permits may lose their permit privileges.
- Central Zone Overnight Resident and Guest permits are valid 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Vehicles parked in the same space for over 72 hours are subject to citation and/or tow [CVC Section 22651(k)].
- Beach permits are not valid for recreational vehicles, commercial vehicles, (some vehicles may be exempt) or vehicles that take up more than one standard parking stall.
- Beach permits are not valid for on-street parking, at meters, on the Pier deck, in the parking structures, or in the short-term parking areas.
- Permit holders must obey all posted signs, the California Vehicle Code, and the Santa Monica Municipal Code.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LOST, UNWANTED, UNUSED, OR PARTIAL-PERIOD USE OF PERMITS.
For questions about parking enforcement or citations, please contact Santa Monica Traffic Services at 310-458-8466.