Rain Barrel and Cistern Rebate
|Harvesting rainwater from your rooftop protects the Santa Monica Bay, safeguards drinking water supplies, and adds a little excitement into to your life and landscape - and can put money in your pocket.
- Large Cistern Rebate: up to $2,000 each (max 2) and must be 500 gallons or more
- Small Cistern Rebate: up to $500 each (max 4) and must be 200 to 499 gallons
- Rain Barrel Rebate: up to $200 each (max 8 barrels) and must be less than 200 gallons
- Review rebate requirements
- Fill-out online application
- Email "before" installation photos and copy of receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete your project
- Schedule Inspection
email email@example.com or call: 310-458-8223.
- Get final approval and receive check
- All properties in Santa Monica are eligible, with the exception of new construction, major
- Front yards, back yards, side yards, and parkways are eligible for this rebate.
- Submit "before" photo and receipts. Include address and contact info. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
- Rain Harvest Rebate
City of Santa Monica
200 Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Failure to provide photos and receipts may disqualify you from receiving rebate funding.
- Call or email to schedule an inspection. 310-458-8223 or email@example.com
- All rainwater storage systems must:
a. be connected to a rainwater downspout;
b. not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways;
c. be elevated at least 6 inches above the ground on a solid foundation, such as a concrete pad, pavers or blocks (this provision provides stability and pressure to get the water out faster);
d. have a cover to prevent mosquitos, rodents, and debris from entering;
e. be strapped to your home or building for earthquake safety, if the height of the barrel/cistern is two times greater than the width; and
f. be maintained for a minimum of 3 years.
- Cisterns that are connected to a pressurized irrigation system require a single-trade plumbing permit from the Building & Safety Division located at City Hall.
Last updated: Monday, 06/30/2014