Drip Irrigation Rebate
|Installing a new drip irrigation system or retrofitting sprinklers to drip irrigation, can save up to 60% of the water used in your landscape.
- Review rebate requirements
- Fill-out online application
- Complete your project
- Schedule Inspection
email email@example.com or call:
310-458-8405 for Cash for Grass, Drip, and Sprinklers
310-458-8223 for Downspouts, Rain Barrels, and Cisterns
- Get final approval and receive check
- All properties in Santa Monica are eligible, with the exception of new construction, major
remodels, or properties awarded a Sustainable Landscape Grant.
- Front yards, back yards, side yards, and parkways are eligible for this rebate.
- Projects installed before September 1, 2012 are not eligible. The City will use its
publically available GIS maps with aerial photos to verify eligibility.
- Applicants are encouraged to combine the Cash for Grass, Drip Irrigation and Sprinkler rebates. The total rebate amount for any combination of the three may not exceed $3,000.
- Rebate amounts will not exceed the purchase and installation costs.
The City reserves the right to request and review receipts prior to
- Different parts are required depending on the type of property. Rebates are available only for the parts listed.
Qualified Drip Irrigation Parts for:
- Drip irrigation must be installed following the City Landscape and Irrigation Standards
- If new underground pipes (laterals) are installed, an inspection is required prior to covering it with soil and planting. Inspections are available within 48-hours of request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment or call (310) 458-8972 ext 2.
- If installing new irrigation and new plants that are in one gallon or larger pots, they must be irrigated with drip irrigation.
- No runoff is allowed from any irrigation system.
- Choose from hundreds of climate-appropriate plants at www.lacoastalgardens.com
Last updated: Monday, 06/02/2014