Preparedness for Residents
The City of Santa Monica encourages everyone to be prepared for emergencies up to 7 days.
People should be prepared for emergencies in their home, workplace and car.
We recommend everyone follow these three simple steps:
1.Get a Kit
- Food and water
- First aid supplies
- Contact information
- Special needs supplies, including kids and pets
- Blankets, clothing, sturdy shoes
2. Have a Plan
- Talk with friend and family about communicating after a disaster
- Be sure that all contact information and phone numbers are updated
- Keep contact information on a piece of paper in your wallet or purse, not only in cell phones
- We suggest text messaging, instead of telephone calls during and after a disaster
- Identify a primary and secondary meeting location in case your home is in accessible
3. Be Informed
- Sign up for SM Alerts to receive information regarding the next emergency
Spread the word about Emergency Preparedness...
If your community would like a presentation on emergency preparedness, contact OEM Staff at (310) 458-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org