Left Column Header

Street Performer Permit

Applications for performance permits are accepted in person only at:  

Business license Office 
1717 4th Street, Suite 150 
Santa Monica, CA 90401 
(310) 458-8745 
NOTE: The following documents must be submitted with the application you will receive in our office:
  • Two recent passport-type photographs (approximately 2 inches square) clearly showing your face, no hat or sunglasses on.
  • Current photo ID such as a driver’s license or state ID card, passport, or student ID (expired identification will not be accepted).
  • The cost per permit is $37.00. The forms of payment we accept are Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

Each individual performer must have their own performance permit.  The permits are not transferable and you cannot apply for, pick up or use another performer’s permit.

Permits are usually processed within one business day.When picking up your permit, please bring your valid photo ID.  Permits will not be released without identification.

Permits for minors younger than 16

A parent or guardian may obtain a permit for a minor younger than 16 provided that a copy of a California Entertainment Work Permit is submitted with the above documents and payment. 

 A California Entertainment Work Permit can be obtained at:


              Van Nuys - Entertainment Work Permits 
              6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 100 
              Van Nuys, CA 91401 
              (818) 901-5484 

 Walk in service is available at this location Monday through Friday during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

This unit office is closed from Noon (12pm) to 1:00pm.


Please see their website for more information: http://www.film.ca.gov/ProductionTools_WorkPermits.htm

For a map to their location please see their individual offices page: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/districtoffices.htm



Body Bottom Graphic
City of Santa Monica © 2014

City of Santa Monica Finance Department · 1717 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401 · (310) 458-8281