Virginia Avenue Park
About Virginia Avenue Park
Virginia Avenue Park is a 9.5-acre park located at 2200 Virginia Ave (Map). It's home to a vibrant community center, a weekly Farmers Market, and the Pico Branch Library. In addition to a full schedule of free programs for community members of all ages, Virginia Avenue Park hosts many community events throughout the year.
- Park Center, Teen Center and Thelma Terry Building: House park staff, programs, and meeting rooms available to rent
- The Patio: A popular spot for birthday parties, this building is located next to the Splash Pad and available to rent..
- The Splash Pad: Located to The Patio and children's playground. Open seasonally until Labor Day, 10 am - 6 pm. (Note: Hours of operation subject to change to due drought restrictions.)
- Two lit regulation-size basketball courts
- Large lawn area with walking path
- Two playgrounds
- Picnic tables and outdoor barbecue grills (Available first-come, first-serve)
- Onsite parking
More information on room and facility rental at Virginia Avenue Park
Programs at Virginia Avenue Park
In addition to outdoor amenities, Virginia Avenue Park is home to a vibrant community center offering a variety of free educational, recreational programs and activities for Santa Monica families of all ages and abilities.
Virginia Avenue Park Advisory Board
The Virginia Avenue Park Advisory Board helps City staff and the Recreation & Parks Commission ensure that programs, events, and amenities at Virginia Avenue Park meet community needs. The 7-member Board meets monthly.