Virginia Avenue Park
Virginia Avenue Park Fall Festival- October 1, 2016
About Virginia Avenue Park
Virginia Avenue Park is a 9.5-acre park located at 2200 Virginia Ave (Map). It's home to a vibrant community center, a weekly Farmers Market, and the Pico Branch Library. In addition to a full schedule of free programs for community members of all ages, Virginia Avenue Park hosts many community events throughout the year.
- Park Center, Teen Center and Thelma Terry Building: House park staff, programs, and meeting rooms available to rent
- The Patio: A popular spot for birthday parties, this building is located next to the Splash Pad and available to rent..
- The Splash Pad: Located adjacent to The Patio and children's playground. Open seasonally from Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend, 10 am - 6 pm daily. (Note: Hours of operation subject to change to due drought restrictions.)
- Two lit regulation-size basketball courts
- Large lawn area with walking path
- Two playgrounds
- Picnic tables and outdoor barbecue grills (Available first-come, first-serve)
- Onsite parking
More information on room and facility rental at Virginia Avenue Park
Programs at Virginia Avenue Park
In addition to outdoor amenities, Virginia Avenue Park is home to a vibrant community center offering a variety of free educational, recreational programs and activities for Santa Monica families of all ages and abilities.
Services at Virginia Avenue Park
- NEW! Department of Social Services (DPSS) is at Virginia Avenue Park
- Services offered: Assistance with CalFresh and Affordable Health Care Applications
- Days: Tuesdays from 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Call 310-458-8688 for an appointment
For more information on other services contact DPSS Customer Service Call Center at 1(866) 613-3777 or apply online at www.dpssbenefits.lacounty.gov
Virginia Avenue Park Advisory Board
The Virginia Avenue Park Advisory Board helps City staff and the Recreation & Parks Commission ensure that programs, events, and amenities at Virginia Avenue Park meet community needs. The 7-member Board meets monthly.