Proposed Fee Increases
A City-wide Cost Recover Study was recently completed which looked at a wide range of City programs and services and compared the full delivery cost of each with the amount of revenue brought in to help cover those costs. The resulting proposed fee changes that pertain to the Cove Santa Monica Skatepark program include the following:
The Cove Skatepark is 20,000 sq ft facility located at 14th & Olympic in Santa Monica. The Cove has ramps, bowls, stairs, pool with tile coping, over-vert bowl, and the Douglas Park rail.
Using The Cove
Everyone entering The Cove is required to wear protective gear.
The registration form and waiver must be completed annually.
Spectators are welcome to watch from outside the fence.
|| Daily Pass
|| Quarterly Pass
|| Annual Pass
|Youth (Ages 6 - 17)
|Santa Monica Residents 18 & up
|Non-Residents 18 & up
Financial assistance may be available for Santa Monica resident youth. Call 310-458-2020 for info.
Cove participants must be at least 6 years old.
The required registration fee includes 1 day pass.
Quarterly passes expire 90 days from date of purchase.
Annual passes expire 365 days from date of purchase.
To ensure safe participation for all users, these rules must be followed. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- This park is designated for skateboarding, bicycle riding, and in-line skating during specified days and times.
- Skateboarding, bicycle riding, and in-line skating are hazardous activities.
- SKATE OR BIKE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- The skatepark is a drop-in recreation facility. Children have the right to come and go from the facility and staff will not prevent children from leaving the facility.
- The City does not supervise park use or users and assumes no responsibility for them.
- Spectators are not permitted in the skatepark.
- The City reserves the right to remove park users who violate these rules.
- Special events or contests are not allowed in the skatepark unless authorized by the City.
- Skatepark users must be 6 years of age or older. Bring an adult if you are under 12 years of age.
- Sign registration and waiver forms if you're 18 or over OR have a parent or guardian sign if you're under 18.
- Have a Day Use Pass or a current skatepark Quarterly Pass.
- Wear required helmets, kneepads and elbow pads. Failure to wear safety equipment may result in loss of skatepark privileges and/or removal from the park. Any person failing to do so will be subject to citation.
- Use equipment in good condition.
- Wear shirts, shoes, and clothing at all times.
- Use the facility safely at all times and avoid collision with others.
- Skate on the skatepark’s curbs, sidewalks, parking lot, or entrance.
- Enter the skatepark when it is closed. Persons doing so may be cited or arrested for trespassing.
- Damage the skatepark or its structures, or cause injury to others.
- Graffiti, tag or commit other forms of vandalism or destruction of property.
- Litter. Trash must be disposed of in trash receptacles.
- Smoke, use alcohol or drugs.
- Intimidate, haze, fight, or behave in an antagonistic or disruptive manner. Such behavior may subject persons to removal from the skatepark and prosecution.
- Use profanity (including profanity on clothing).
- Skateboard, bike, in-line skate, or run on wet surfaces.
- Sit along the tops of the rails.
- Skate against traffic on ramps and pipes.
- Bike in the pool.
- Bringing unauthorized pieces of equipment, obstacles, or apparatus into the skatepark.
- Scooters and motorized devices are not allowed at any time.
- Food and/or beverages.
- Glass bottles or containers.
- Participants wear jewelry at their own risk.
- Participants are prohibited from performing stunts, tricks, or luge skateboarding on all other public property.
Contact The Cove
1401 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Served by Big Blue Bus lines 5 & 11.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 12 - 4 pm
Bikes Only 4 - 10 pm
Tuesday: 12 - 10 pm
Wednesday: 12 - 7 pm
Adult Skate 7 - 10 pm
Thursday: 12 - 4 pm
Bikes Only 4 - 10 pm
Friday: 12 - 10 pm
Saturday: 12 - 10 pm
Sunday: 12 - 7 pm
Adult Skate 7 - 10 pm
Bikes are only allowed during
designated 'Bikes Only' hours.
'Adult Skate' is for people 18 & up.
Hours may change due to weather