FAA Airport Traffic Record
The information depicted in these reports derive from and generated by the Federal Aviation Administration Local Air Traffic Control Tower located at Santa Monica Airport. These reports are forwarded to the City on a monthly basis. The first page of each report represents the total operations for a specific month broken down into two distinct groups, Local and Itinerant. The second page of each report represents Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) itinerant operations. VFR itinerant operations = Total Itinerant - IFR Itinerant.
Glossary of Terms
- “Local Traffic” is defined as an aircraft that stayed within the Airport’s Class D controlled airspace, generally within 5 nautical miles of the airport or within the airport traffic pattern.
- “Itinerant Flights” either arrived from, or departed to, the outside of the Class D controlled airspace.
- "Operation" is defined as one takeoff or one landing.
- "VFR" is defined as Visual Fligth Rules
- "IFR" is defined as Instrumet Flight Rules
Archived FAA Airport Traffic Records can be found as Appendix A in the monthly Noise Management Reports http://www.smgov.net/Departments/Airport/CommissionMeetings.aspx
Departure Operation Reports
On July 1, 2011 Vector Airport Solutions has been contracted by the City to administer the Airport's Landing Fee Program. Departure information are derived from Vector's database and are displayed chronologically. The reports are generated by Vector Airport Solutions and are forwarded to the City on a monthly basis.
2011 & 2012 Reports
Monthly Noise Management Reports
The monthly reports are prepared in an effort to inform the Airport Commission and the public regarding the Santa Monica Airport’s Noise Management Program. These reports provide details on aircraft operations, noise violations, aircraft and helicopter deviations, and curfew departures. Archived reports can be found by following the link http://www.smgov.net/Departments/Airport/CommissionMeetings.aspx